Thread: Great Article on Micro IVF

1. Join Date
    Apr 2010

Great Article on Micro IVF

Check out this article in The Fertility Daily on MicroIVF
    http://www.eastcoastfertility.com/in...5e0b08399cdb3g
    Last edited by Dan; 05-09-2010 at 01:28 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Very informative article. In my internet research, I've read a couple of conflicting things about MicroIVF...I've read, for instance, that patients with endometriosis are ideal candidates for MicroIVF and elsewhere that we are not ideal candidates. Perhaps that depends on the individual case and anatomy? I've also read that women under 35 are the best candidates, but also that MicroIVF could be ideal for older women as well. I'm 35, so I'm of course hoping that I am still a good candidate

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    A young PCOS patient probably has the best odds of success. Endometriosis does depend on individual case in particular related to ovarian activity. Older women have less benefit from stimulation which is the argument for their doing microIVF. As a general rule MicroIVF is about half as successful as a full stimulated IVF. Due to its inclusion in SART stats many programs do not offer it as it pulls down their overall success rates.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    I'm glad to hear success of endo patients is related to ovarian activity as I have regular ovulation each cycle, normal progesterone levels after ovulation, etc. I am hoping that this makes me a good candidate.

Edited to add: This fall, I was taking 50 mg of Clomid one cycle and an ultrasound showed around 5-6 follicles, so my RE told me to cut the pills in half the next cycle and only take 25 mg. I took that as a good sign that my ovaries are quite responsive? I sense that the free microIVF may be awarded at least in part based on who you think would have the best odds for success. I know there are others that applied who are younger and have PCOS rather than endo. But please consider me. I believe that this will work for me. Plus, I'd be an excellent mother!!!
    Last edited by Melissa H; 05-17-2010 at 02:02 PM.

Thread Information